Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Lashes for Glasses~Part Two: SocialEyes

A Wednesday post?!? That's right. I wanted to share part two of my "Lashes for Glasses" series, this time featuring SocialEyes lashes. If you missed it, my last post was part one of this series, where I talked all about XOBeauty lashes. Once again, I really wanted to find something that was comfortable, didn't hit my lenses, or shift too much because of my lenses. So, did the lashes work out?

For those who have never heard of SocialEyes, let me give you a quick run down. Karissa Pukas, who runs a Youtube channel all about beauty, was sick of not being able to find affordable, beautiful lashes, and thus SocialEyes was born. They are a vegan lash brand (they even have faux mink lashes!), and have offices and warehouses, out of Canada, England, and Australia, with various distributors worldwide.

Now, as I said in my last post, I started out with the intentions of buying lashes that where more "natural" There are 10 under this category on the website, and they are all full lash strips. At the time, I was more interested in the half lashes, and so I decided to give the Peek-A-Boo and Tease lashes a try.

Peak-a-Boo Lashes

Price: $3.95 USD
These are the first set I decided to try. They are half lashes that taper from long to short (perfect for those who love winged liner). They have a clear band, and are super easy to apply. As a lash beginner myself, I liked that the website suggested these for people who aren't too experienced in the lash game.
Since this is all about finding lashes that work well with glasses, it was the first thing I paid attention to. The Peek-a-Boo lashes are super light weight, and never once hit my lenses the entire time I wore them. At one point during the day, I went to rub my eye, totally forgetting I was wearing lashes at all, and almost rubbed them off! Overall, I really enjoyed these lashes! I They have to be tied with my Flower Child lashes (XObeauty; see last post) as an all time, easy favorite.

Tease Lashes

Price: $4.95 USD
These were my second pick from SocialEyes. The website says that these are "playful lashes that add volume and length in all of the right places", and I have to agree. They also say that they are another great pair for lash newbies, due to how easy and comfortable they are.
So, I have to say that I struggled with these lashes a bit. I'm not sure if it was the lashes themselves, the glue (Duo Latex Free), or if I was just struggling this day. It took me absolutely ages to apply these lashes. Once I did get them on, they unfortunately did not blend as well with my natural lashes like the Peek-A-Boo lashes did. 
(Please ignore my terrible lash glue and visible band in the above photo)

 I also had the unfortunate problem of these hitting my lenses pretty regularly. So, no, they don't particularly work well with glasses. Also, I was only able to wear these for about 3 hours due to the fact that they were hitting my lenses, which made them extremely noticeable and uncomfortable. I do, however, think that someone with naturally more full lashes and no glasses would love these! They are gorgeous, just not for me.

So, what is my overall opinion on SocialEyes lashes?

 Shipping came from Canada, and only cost me $4.99 for a grand total of $13.98 for two pairs of lashes. I think for the quality of these lashes, that's pretty amazing! Overall, my experience with SocialEyes was pretty amazing, and I will definitely be trying out some of their full strip lashes! Head over to http://socialeyeslashes.com/ to check out what they have to offer!

*If you have any lash recommendations that I should try for this series, please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment