Saturday, March 25, 2017

Lashes for Glasses~ Part One: XOBeauty

Wearing glasses is already difficult enough on most days, but it gets even harder for those of us who just want a bit of extra oomph to our lashes. I will never forget the first time I decided to throw on a pair of falsies. They looked full, luscious, and just flat out gorgeous, and then I put my glasses on. They constantly hit my lenses, which made me constantly notice them, and made the lashes themselves shift and annoy me more than they should have. So, in the last few weeks I put some false lashes from XOBeauty and SocialEyes to the test to see if I could find the perfect pair for glasses wearers. Today, we are going to focus on XOBeauty!
First, let me tell you exactly what I was looking for in all of the lashes I purchased. I was looking for something natural, but that still gave me that extra something my own lashes are lacking. The lashes being semi-natural was important due to the fact that my own lashes are sparse, and a lot of big, glamorous lashes don't blend well on me. I'm a beginner in the lash world, so I felt like I wanted something that was easy to apply. I also did not want them hitting my glasses lenses. What's the point of wearing gorgeous lashes if they are just going to annoy you all day long?

For those who don't know, XOBeauty was developed by Youtuber Shannon Harris in late 2012, and is based out of New Zealand. Their goal is to provide high quality lashes (and brushes) to the makeup professional and beginners alike. Everyone should have access to great lashes!
The Naturals XOBeauty lash set (Top to bottom: The Girl Next Door, The Innocent, The Stunner, The Heiress, and The Romantic)
When I first started digging into what lashes might work best for me, I was drawn to their Naturals set. However, the set ended up being sold out, and I decided to just buy two individual pairs instead.  I ended up deciding on the Flower Child half lashes, and The Chic full band lashes. Neither one of these lash styles are in The Naturals set, but I thought they seemed fitting for me.

The Flower Child Lashes

The Flower Child lashes are half strip lashes that are supposed to be super easy for beginners, like me, to use. The website says that they are designed to add volume to the outer corner of the eye, and and that they are perfect for both everyday wear, as well as evening looks. They retail for $3.87 USD, and spoiler alert, they are my favorite of the two.


 The first thing I noticed when I went to apply these was how easy it was. I am horrible at making lashes sit right where they need to, and these were easy to get as close to my lash line as possible. I always use the Duo Latex Free lash glue for application. It is the only one I have found that doesn't irritate my eyes, and it has a brush applicator instead of being a squeeze tube. 

 Above are the lashes applied with a bit of mascara added to blend the false lashes with my natural lashes. I cannot emphisize enough how easy these were to apply! Never before have I had lashes go on so hassle free. 



The second thing I noticed with these lashes is that are extremely comfortable! They are lightweight, and not noticible at all throughtout the day. I wore these for about 9 hours and completely forgot I was wearing them. Now, if you are wondering if they tick the box as far as wearing them with glasses, and the answer is yes! I had no problem with these hitting my lenses. In fact, my favorite thing about these are that they make my eyes look larger behind my frames!

The Chic Lashes

The Chic lashes are a full strip lash, and like the Flower Child lashes, they have a clear band. The website describes these as being perfect for a lengthened, dramatic look (far from the natural look I originally set out on!). They create that long, thick, and wispy look so many people are after these days. These lashes retail for $4.92 USD.

These lashes are absolutely gorgeous on the eyes! I did struggle a bit with application, but nothing too major. I think when it comes down to it, I should have trimmed them down just a little bit to make the comfort level and ease of application better.
As you can see, I had a harder time blending these into my own lashes. I'm not one to wear eyeliner, so I was hesitant to use it to fix the small gaps that are visible. through trial and error, though, I have learned that using a dark brown shadow right along my lash line before applying these, and after to conceal the band helps.

As far as comfort, they didn't bug me too much. Again, if I would have trimmed them down a smidge, they would have been perfect. Without doing that, I was able to get 6 hours of wear out of them before they bugged me too much. Once again, XOBeauty has ticked off my checkbox for lashes for glasses wearers! I had no problem with The Chic lashes hitting my lenses, and they didn't shift into them throughout the day either!

So, what are my overall thoughts on XOBeauty Lashes?

They are omfortable, easy to use, and perfect for those of us who want that extra lash game under our frames! I had no issues with purchase or delivery of these lashes, and payed an international shipping fee of $8.44. Whether you are looking for lashes for glasses, or are simply looking for some bomb lashes, I highly recommend you head over and check out https://www.xobeautyshop.com/ xoxo

*Stay tuned later in the week for my thoughts on the SocialEyes lashes I've been trying out, and if you have any suggestions on other lash brands to add to this series, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment