Monday, March 3, 2014

Rose Glow~ A Spring Tutorial

Today was my last straw with winter. It has been super gloomy and snowing nonstop lately, so when the sun came out I was hoping for some warmth. Since the temperatures just don't seem to want to provide that warmth, I decided to bring it into my makeup. This spring look is super glowey (more than what the pictures are showing), and very simple to do. 



The products that I have used are:

Origins Ginzing Moisturizer
Covergirl Aqua Smoothers Foundation in 705 Ivory
Maybelline Fit me! Pressed Powder in 110 Porcelain
Covergirl Trublend Minerals in 435 Golden Sunrise
Benefit Hoola 
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D'Oro
Maybelline Mineral Power Illuminator in Pink
Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara
L.A. Colors Jumbo Eye Pencil in Sea Shells (not pictured)
E.L.F Bright Eyes Palette (pink cream color, off white)
(click to enlarge)
(click to enlarge)

Glowing Face:

I started out with already moisturized skin, and then added a thin layer of my Origins Ginzing Moisturizer all over my face. I find that this works best for me as a primer versus an actual moisturize, and I definitely notice a difference when I use it like this. It smooths my skin out before foundation, and also seems to help keep my makeup from looking cakey while also keeping it in place.

Before Foundation (click to enlarge)

For my foundation, I am currently using CG Aqua Smoothers. It is light-medium coverage, and I like that I can build it up without it getting to mask like. I will be doing a full review on it sometime in the future, so keep an eye out for that! 

(click to enlarge)

I like to put this directly from the squeeze container onto my face, and then use my E.L.F Powder Brush to stipple and blend it out. After that, I take a tiny bit more of my foundation blend it onto any areas that I feel need a bit more coverage. This brush is very dense and great for foundation. I find that if I stipple the product on first, and then use circular motions to blend it out, it leaves the best finish without any streaks.

(click to enlarge)

Even though this is a glowing look, I find that I still need to powder my whole face, focusing on my T-zone. Here, I used Maybelline's Fit Me! pressed powder, which can look a bit cakey at first. My face has been abnormally oily lately though, and so the powdery look generally goes away within 15-20 minutes without getting overly oily throughout the day.
 I then took my E.L.F Kabuki brush, and squished it into a flatter shape to contour with my Hoola bronzer, which I also used around my jawline and temples. The next step here was blush. I used my Milani blush in Rose D'Oro to get the perfect rosy glow on my skin. It is the perfect balance between a dull on rose color and peach, with slight golden shimmer. The golden shimmer is what gives off the gorgeous sheen.
 I also took a small amount of my Maybelline Mineral Illuminating Powder and blended it out on my cheeks, the bridge of my nose, and the center of my forehead and chin. I used my Kabuki brush for this, as well as my powder and blush.

Rose Eyes:

For the eyes, I wanted to keep it very simple and natural looking, while still keeping a smidgen of the glow and shimmer.

(click to enlarge)

For the base, I used the pink cream shade from my Bright Eyes palette all over my lid. This helped to neutralize the redness and veins that were showing through on my eyelids. I then took the off white shade from the same palette and placed it my inner corners and brow bone to highlight, and open up my eyes a bit more.

(click to enlarge)

I then took the same Milani blush from before on a blending brush, and blended it along my crease, outer corner, and lower lash line. I only went about halfway across my lower lash line with this, and three quarters of the way into my crease. This blush is actually a really pretty color for blue eyes, as long as you don't go overboard. A little goes a long way.

(click to enlarge)

To add more depth to my eyes, I took my Trublend Minerals in Golden Sunrise on the same blending brush, and blended it just on the outer v and outer fourth of my lower lash line. I find that this is also a really nice color for blue eyes, but again, use it sparingly.

(click to enlarge)

I also used my Jumbo Eye Pencil in Sea Shells on my waterline, leaving the very outer fourth bare. I find that when I do this, the white doesn't look as harsh.

Lastly, I curled my lower lashes and used my favorite mascara at the moment, Maybelline Mega Plush, and put on some chapstick.



That is the finished look :) I hope you enjoyed it, and I am sorry if the pictures aren't the best quality this time around. My camera is having some issues, but hopefully will be taken care of on Wednesday. I really enjoy this look for a fresh face in the end of winter toward spring. Anyway, I'll be back tomorrow with a Tuesday review. Have a great night, lovlies. xoxo Ashley

What is your go to winter pick-me-up with makeup?

What do you want to see next?

Check out my Rose Glow Luvocracy Collection!






No comments:

Post a Comment