Sunday, February 16, 2014

Liebster Award!


I am very excited to tell you all that I was nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely Johanna from Jo-Li Allure! Her blog is growing, just like mine, and I have really enjoyed going through and reading what she has to share. 

What are the rules you ask? 
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. You pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you.

 So, without further adieu, let's answer Johanna's questions!

Question #1: How did you choose your blog name?

I actual got the name oceanexpressway from a poem that my best friend had written a couple of years ago, and I decided to start using it for a username. After my first blog name, which was daisyco27, didn't stick or catch too much attention, I decided that oceanexpressway sounded better, and it just seemed to fit.

Question #2: What is your favorite beauty item?

Johanna, how can you possibly make me choose just one?!? It definitely has taken some thought, but my all time favorite beauty item would probably have to be Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Treatment. I have been using it for three years now, and have definitely had moments where it has saved me from a massive breakout.

Question #3: What is your dream job?

This is an easy one for me. I have loved makeup since I was 12 years old, and once I turned 16 I knew I wanted to be a makeup artist. I still want to make a career out of makeup, and want to be a makeup artist. The only difference now is that I would love to expand that to beauty blogging and Youtube as well.

Question #4: What is something you cannot live without?

I would like to be generic and say my computer, or my cell phone, but the truth is that I could live without all of that. I know for a fact I couldn't live without my family, but my little sister specifically. I am 19, and she is 6, so the age gap is 13 years. Even though she can be a pest, and a pain at times, I love her to death and can't imagine life without her.

Question #5: What motivates you?

My passion motivates me. I have had people tell me I can't do what I want with my life, and that I should just go to a regular university and study something "normal". What those people don't realize, is that by telling me that it makes me want to prove to myself that I am good at what I do, and I enjoy it more than anything. It fuels my passion more and makes me work that much harder towards my goals.

Question #6: What is your skincare routine?

I'm not going to get into the nitty gritty details too much, because I do want to do a post on this sometime in the next week. Basically, though, I use Aveeno Positively Radiant Exfoliating Discs to cleanse in the morning, and Cetephil at night. The moisturizer I use is St. Ives Timeless Skin Anti-Aging Moisturizer. I'll do a blog post soon to list everything else I use later, but this is what never changes.

Question #7: What do you prefer: heels or flats?

My answer is both. Heels make me feel so elegant and girls, but flats are essential for comfort.

Question #8: What is the best place you have ever been to?

Indian River, Michigan. This place wins, hands down. It isn't anything special to most people, but it is where I spent a lot of time when I was 3-5. Hiking in the woods with my grandparents, and planting tulips in my grandma's garden was one of my favorite things to do up there.

Question #9: Do you wear makeup everyday?

Unless it is a no-makeup day (Sunday), or I am sick, I will where almost a full face of makeup. I love doing it, and seeing what I can do that is new compared to the day before. Plus, I want to be a makeup artist, so what better way to practice than on my own face?

Question #10: Do you have a New Years resolution? If so, what is it?

Originally, it was going to be to get healthy and lose weight. A couple weeks into January, though, I realized I had something else I wanted to work on, and that was being happier. You're only as happy as you let yourself be, and I realized that I wasn't allowing myself to be happy like I wanted. So, I took as much negativity out of my life as I could, and have been working on looking at life in a brighter way.

Question #11: What are your 3 top favorite things to do?

1) Daydream.
2) Reading.
3) Be myself.

My Nominees

2) Vanessa
4) Holly
11)Katie

My Questions for You:

Question #1: What made you decide to start your blog?

Question #2: What do you want to improve on your blog?

Question #3: Who or what is your biggest inspiration?

Question #4: What are you loving about your life right now?

Question #5: Who is your favorite Youtuber?

Question #6: Do you prefer handwritten letters, or typed letters?

Question #7: What is your favorite memory?

Question #8: Tell us about your favorite time of the year.

Question #9: Who are you when you look in the mirror?

Question #10: What are your top 3 things to do before you die?

Question #11: What makes you happy?

I know this was a lengthy post, without anything super interesting, but I was super excited to see that I was nominated! I am literally shocked at the amount of people who have viewed my blog in just 4 days. Thank you so much for reading and I will be back very soon with another, more exciting post. xoxo Ashley





3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you took the time to answer the questions. I think we have the same new years resolution; I work in a place where negativity is around daily and it kept bringing me down. I was taking part of it and I felt like my heart wasn't seeing the sun, so I'm staying out of the negative conversations and doing my own thing. Blogging is helping so much, I get to meet people as lovely as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me! I just finished posting my reply and passing on the love to fellow beauty bloggers.
    Thanks again,
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to read all of your answers! And I'm pleased as punch to check out all of the ladies on your "nominee" list... thanks a million for including me! Have a great day - Melissa

    ReplyDelete