Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekly Review~Estée Lauder Lucidity Foundation

As I have been looking around different beauty blogs, I was searching for someone else's opinion on Estee Lauder's Lucidity foundation, only to be disappointed. It came to my attention that the focus in their foundations is on the Double Wear foundation. So, I figured why not just put my own opinion out there?



I didn't have high hopes for this foundation when I found it in the bottom of my collection. Previous experiences with it were still lingering in my mind, and so when I decided to go ahead and pull it back out, I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got. 

As I said before, my first impression with this foundation was anything but great. It had sunk into any lines on my face, as well as my pores, and within an hour or so, it looked patchy. Fast forward to 5 months later and I decided to give it a try once again. I decided I would give it a week, and if at the end of the week my opinion hadn't changed I would just get rid of it. To my surprise, it only took a couple of days before this foundation became my new favorite. So, what changed my mind about it?



First off, the consistency of it was amazing! It's not too thick, and not too runny either. That seems to always be a problem when it comes to foundations for me. If it's too thick it will look cakey, which this doesn't, and if it is too thin the pigmentation very rarely pleases me. That leads me to my next point: The coverage is actually pretty darn good. I would say that it is a medium coverage foundation. I have pretty bad acne and acne scaring, and I find that a lot of foundations just don't cover enough before I put on concealer. The Estee Lauder Lucidity covers any minor spots I may have and the majority of my redness as well. Once I get to concealer I have to use the tiniest amount just to cover any active spots and my under eye area.

The finish of this foundation is another thing that had me very quickly. Upon using it again for the first time, I was expecting it to sink into my pores and fine lines around my eyes as it had done before. This tends to happen for me with any luminous foundation, because I have quite large pores. I was beyond excited when this wasn't the case! (I am sure there were some other factors involved this time around as well, such as using a damp makeup sponge and my L'Oreal Miracle Blur as a primer.) It sits beautifully on my skin and gives me a very nice, natural glow without looking shimmery. 

My only problem with this foundation seems to be that it oxidizes on my face when I don't highlight properly, or set it with powder well enough. This is my own fault as of right now though, seeing as I bought this foundation in the summer, and it is now February. The difference isn't noticeable at all though for the most part as long as I blend everything extremely well. The other thing I love about his foundation is the longevity of it! I can where this for a twelve hour day and not have any problems with it getting splotchy or looking like it has melted off, no matter what powder or spray I use to set it. I usually have to touch up my T-Zone once with a blotting sheet and a tiny bit of translucent powder to keep it from oxidizing, but I feel like that is the case with all of my foundations.

So, now the question is, is this foundation worth the money? As much as I love this foundation, I'm not sure I would repurchase it at full price. It normally retails at any Estee Lauder counter for $37.00, and I am not usually a high-end makeup buyer. I did however find it at a discount makeup store for around $26 or $27, (and yes, I made sure to check the experation date before purchasing.) If you are into high end makeup, however, and it is within your budget for a foundation, I would say that it is definitely well worth it! It does come in 9 different shades on Macy's website, which I believe is 2 more than what was available where I bought it. I currently have it in the shade Vanilla Beige, which was the lightest shade available, while Macy's has Pale Ivory as the lightest shade.

A posting schedule has been determined! I will be posting Every Tuesday, Thursday, and on occasion Saturday's as well. Tuesday's will be the day I do my weekly review on a product I have been using for a while, or for a first impression on a new product I am trying. Thank you so much for reading and I hope to see you back on Thursday! xoxo Ashley

What do you guys want to see next?

Checkout my everyday makeup collection on Luvocracy!



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ^^ I just followed you on bloglovin and I have to say, I absolutely adore your blog!

      Delete
  2. Great post! You followed me on Instagram which led me here! Like you, I also just started my beauty blog, maybe check it out?? www.blushandfuss.wordpress.com (oh I'm on bloglovin too ;) )
    Best!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete