Sunday, March 1, 2015

Current Skincare Favorites



Surprise! Yes, you are getting another post from me, and hopefully will get one every day this week. After yesterdays post, and getting some things organized and clean, I am feeling really inspired. I want to keep up with my "This is the Year" series, because not only do people seem to enjoy it, but it is definitely keeping me motivated. So, today I am going to share some of my favorite skincare products that I just can't get enough of!







The first product that I am absolutely in love with is my Tea Tree Water from Lush. I swear, I don't know what I would do without this toner. I had used it about a year ago until it was gone, and I had never picked another one up until about 2 months ago. I had instant improvement with my skins texture and tone. All of my itty bitty under the skin breakouts seemed to vanish, along with a huge portion of my redness. All I do is sprits 4 sprays over my face after I have washed it, and then I move on with the rest of my routine.


(Sadly, I ran out and it got thrown away.)
My True Blue Spa Apricot Scrub has also been a lifesaver. I am one of those people who has to exfoliate my face in some way, every single day. I get dry flaky patches on my skin from who knows what, and moisturizing alone is not enough to help get rid of them. This scrub, while still pretty gritty, is gentle enough for me to use every night without feeling like I am scrubbing my face off. Can we also talk about how amazing this smells? It's like washing your face with yummy citrus goodness. I do have to say though, it is a pain to get a hold of. It is a discontinued product, so I have had to either wait until Bath and Body Works semi-annual sale to get it, or search through ebay and order it.



Let's just say this next one was off the charts amazing for my skin. I struggle with combination skin that gets really oily on my nose, and just in the center of my forehead. Everything else gets dry as a bone, especially in the winter. I decided to try Tarte's Maracuja Oil on a whim from the impulse bins at Sephora, and I am in desperate need of more. I use a tiny bit mixed in with my moisturizer in the morning, and just the oil at night. My skin looks, and feels better when I use this stuff! It has been a winter skin lifesaver- are you sensing a theme yet?



The final product I wanted to share is the Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47. Once again, winter skin lifesaver! I used this last summer and loved it, but then didn't use it much. In the last two weeks of using it my skin feels like it isn't so dry, my makeup goes on wonderfully with it, and bonus- it has an awesome SPF and doesn't cause a white cast!

I'd love to know what you are currently using to combat winter skin, and what you'd like to see in the upcoming week. Hopefully you will be getting a post every day this week!
xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment